First Parish Church Congregational
Churches & Synagogues
Worship Sunday at 10 AM, 9 AM July-Aug all are welcome to join for worship by the harbor. Our present building is 4th in a series of meeting houses, completed in 1809 for $8500. The townspeople rallied around to help build it in the fashion of an old barn-raising. The building was then jointly owned by the proprietors and the town. In 1844, members of the parish scraped together $3000 to purchase it. The Steeple holds a working Bell & Clock which ring on the hour and a Carillon which can be heard several times a day.