Opening Day at the Sargent House Museum
The Sargent House Museum will open its doors for its 100th season at noon on Saturday, May 25. Originally built in 1782 for writer and early women’s rights advocate Judith Sargent Murray, the Sargent House was incorporated into a museum in 1919 by patrons including Charles Sprague Sargent and Universalist minister Rev. Levi Moore Powers. The Sargent House Museum introduces visitors to the 18th century world of its most famous resident, Judith Sargent Murray, while also featuring a small, curated collection of works by her great-great nephew, the artist John Singer Sargent.
Join us for a great season of programming to celebrate the museum's centennial, and learn more about Judith Sargent Murray's revolutionary contributions to women's fight for equality!