NextGen Sail on Schooner-Adventure
Enjoy an evening of sailing on Gloucester's own historic Schooner: Adventure, along with other area young professionals.
we will board at the Maritime Gloucester campus- Harriet Webster Pier, 23 Harbor Loop.
Boarding starts at 5pm, we sail at 5:30pm and will be back dockside at 8:30pm
Bring your favorite beverage- wine, beer, cocktail! Water is available on board.
Light appetizers including wrap sandwiches will be provided by Every Little Breeze Caterers.
We have a limit of 60 passengers for this trip.
Below is some information from the Captain of the Schooner:
Adventure is docked at the Harriet Webster Pier located on the Maritime Gloucester campus, located at 23 Harbor Loop, Gloucester, MA.
The Ship’s phone number is 978-290-8308 in case of emergency or delay in arrival.
Those arriving on Cape Ann via Route 128 N should take the 2nd exit at the first Rotary to continue on 128 N. At the second Rotary take the 2nd exit and continue to the end of Route 128. Continue straight through the first set of traffic lights. At the second set of lights turn right onto East Main which turns into Rogers Street. After about 1 mile, turn left onto Harbor Loop. Please park on the street or in the nearby city parking lots, and avoid parking in the spaces immediately in front of Maritime Gloucester.
If you have any questions please contact the office at 978-281-8079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, Schooner Adventure’s office is open M-F, 9 AM to 5 PM. If you need to contact us outside of regular business hours to let us know you can’t make the scheduled sailing time, please call the ship’s phone at 978-290-8303. For all other inquiries, please contact our office and we will reply as soon as possible.
PARKING & BOARDING INFORMATION:
Boarding begins 30 minutes prior to sail time. Ten hour metered parking is available along Harbor Loop or in the city lot at the corner of Harbor Loop and Rogers Street. These are traditional meters requiring change, thirty minutes for a quarter. Please note that the spaces in front of Maritime Gloucester are for their patrons only.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Dress appropriately; it is always cooler on the water. And don't forget your sunscreen and sunglasses! Please no high heels on board at any time. If light rain is expected, please bring foul weather gear.
- There is a bathroom (marine head) below decks on board the schooner which is accessible by descending a short ladder. A marine head is a bit different than a conventional toilet. Instructions are posted and the crew will be happy to explain its operation. You may wish to use a toilet on shore before boarding. There are toilets available at Maritime Gloucester.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited on the vessel at all times.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult during the duration of the sail. We strongly recommend that these children also be equipped with their own “ski vest” type life jackets.
- Pets are not allowed on board for sails.
- Check the homepage of our website www.schooner-adventure.org and Schooner Adventure Facebook page for cancellation notices due to weather.
- For more information please view our FAQ page on our website
- New England weather can be unpredictable; the Captain may decide whether or not to sail very close to departure time. Severe weather, heavy winds or heavy rain may cause postponement. Passengers will be notified of a cancellation by email (if one was provided), and we will provide this information as far in advance as we can so that no-one’s inconvenienced.