Gloucester 400+ Lecture Series at Hammond Castle Museum
Date and Time
Tuesday May 30, 2023
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
Tuesday evenings, May 9th through June 13th.
Hammond Castle Museum
80 Hesperus Avenue
Tickets are $10 per lecture or $50 if you purchase all six lectures in advance. All Hammond Castle Museum Members enjoy complimentary admission.
Join us for a new, six week lecture series celebrating Gloucester's rich culture and history in partnership with the Gloucester 400+.
The series includes:
* May 9: The Indians Who Live Among Us – Presented by Mary Ellen Lepionka
* May 16: Unboxing Dogtown – Presented by Les Bartlett
* May 23: From Fitz Henry Lane to the Future: a Brief History of the Fine Arts on Cape Ann – Presented by James A. Craig
* May 30: Main Street Through the Ages – presented by Beth Welin
*June 6: From Beauport to Fenway Court: Five Houses at the Twilight of Gloucester’s ‘Gold Coast’ Era - Presented by Caleb McMurphy
* June 13: The Folly Cove Designers and the Compelling Language of Pattern– Presented by Elena M. Sarni
6:00pm to 7:00pm. Doors open at 5:40pm
Each 45 minute presentation will include a Q&A session with light refreshments available for purchase.
This lecture series is generously sponsored by Ruth Pino, REMAX. This program is also supported in part by a grant from the Gloucester Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency. Proud participating program of the Gloucester 400+ Celebrations