Are you driven by mission? Would you be proud knowing that your impact can and will help build stronger communities? Are you a passionate advocate for children and families disadvantaged by circumstance or who are in search of new life altering opportunities? Do you thrive in a collaborative work environment? If you have answered yes to all the above, Pathways for Children is the place for you. We are excited to add an experienced Communication’s Manager to our team.
Position: Communications Manager
Classification: Full time; Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
The Communications Manager will oversee internal and external communications, with the goal of increasing awareness, interest and philanthropic support for Pathways for Children. The Manager will develop and execute comprehensive strategies that enhance brand visibility and organizational reputation. S/he will manage the production of timely and critical print/media materials, including but not limited to the annual report, regular solicitations, select special event collateral and public presentations.
- Develop the organization’s media strategy and oversee its editorial products and publications.
- Develop digital strategies (social media, e-newsletters, additional channels) which drive and enhance Pathways’ presence, and expand and engage a digital audience.
- Increase awareness of Pathways for Children as an early education and social services agency, in order to support development and fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to develop and implement creative marketing strategies that will support organizational needs.
- Work with staff from multiple departments and external vendors to oversee a major overhaul of the agency’s website. Support ongoing edits and improvements to the website.
- Support the development of digital marketing collateral, including videos.
- Monitor the communications budget and make recommendations for resource allocation in accordance with the annual plan.
- Research and evaluate PR opportunities in various media, recommend direction and placement; develop messaging for targeted audiences.
- Attend and assist with assigned events as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS degree in communications or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing the internal/external communications for an organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Experience using and leveraging social media platforms (especially Facebook).
- Possess professional behavior and appearance at all times in representing the agency.
- Ability to articulate agency mission and be the voice of agency leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to effectively impact audiences.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Able to work both independently and as an engaged member of the team.
- Proven ability to work as productively from home office as on-site.
- Attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and staff.
- Ability to think strategically about organization's communications needs in general as well as in the context of special fundraising campaigns. Raisers Edge data base experience preferred; ability and willingness to learn and use Raisers Edge data base required.
- Able to be flexible and responsive to the urgency of a situation.
- MS Office, knowledge of one or more publication/graphics platforms, and some level of Word Press experience preferred.
- Flexibility to work varied hours for events and to meet deadlines.
Must pass Massachusetts CORI, SORI, DCF and Fingerprint checks.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS OFFERED
Resumes to: Laura O’Neill, Director of Development, Pathways for Children, 29 Emerson Avenue, Gloucester, MA 01930 or email at email@example.com