PM Front Desk Agent - Beauport Hotel
We are seeking customer service professionals, with the ability to provide exceptional guest service for the position of Front Desk Agent at the Beauport Hotel. This position will be responsible for the prompt and courteous service to our guests upon arrival and departure, as well as throughout the guest’s stay. Our goal is to create memorable guest experiences, for every guest, every stay.
Must have at least one (1) or more years of experience in Customer Service, previous experience in a hotel is preferred.
- Greet guests upon arrival and complete established check-in procedure for arriving guests.
- Facilitate guest departure (check-out) by following established procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next guest.
- Regularly post receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present accurate hotel charges upon check-out.
- Answer inquiries, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations being aware of all hotel services and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on the telephone.
- Control cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office and industry relevant Hotel Property Management Systems such as RoomMaster.
- Working knowledge of Front Office operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours’ length of time
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
The Beauport Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.