Event Sales Manager - Beauport Hotel Gloucester
The Beauport Hotel Gloucester is seeking qualified and motivated candidates for the position of Event Sales Manager. This position is responsible for social sales, detailing of events, execution of weddings and corporate meetings, while working within a team of Event Managers.
Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Catering, Hospitality and/or Sales, to include Weddings and Food & Beverage experience. Preferably in a Management role.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, specializing in Events, Sales, or Hospitality.
- Provide prospective clients with tours and site visits of the property according to BHG Guidelines.
- Expertly present and explain Food/Beverage options to Clients.
- Generate detailed proposals and provide to clients.
- Maintain detailed files of communication, and client inquiries, with proper follow-up to prospective clients.
- Produce and provide contracts to clients according to BHG Guidelines.
- Generate and service wedding events to include, event space, guest rooms, and food & beverage.
- Produce complete Banquet Event Orders and floor plans to ensure proper execution of the entire event including Food & Beverage, timeline, coordination of vendors and complete production of the event.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients throughout the process to meet and exceed expectations.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with maximum efficiency, accuracy, and full attention to detail.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office programs and knowledge of industry relevant Catering Sales Systems to include room diagraming software. Caterease experience a plus.
- Premier knowledge of Sales & Event Operations in a Hospitality Environment. Prior Wedding experience a must.
- Ability to effectively lead staff and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and be able to adapt to changing situations.
- Must have a positive attitude and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours’ length of time.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Work will primarily take place in the Hotel property, front of the house, back office, to include all event spaces and Kitchen areas.
- Group and solo work.
The Beauport Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.