Bellperson/Shuttle Driver - Beauport Hotel
We are seeking hospitality professionals; strengths in guest service with knowledge of the memorable guest experience for the position of Bellperson/Shuttle Driver at the Beauport Hotel. This position is responsible for greeting and welcoming guests of the hotel and patrons of the restaurant, in courteous and professional manner. The Bellperson will assist with the transportation of luggage to the front desk area, the guest rooms and vice versa. This position will also be expected to be able to drive the shuttle for our in-house guests.
Must have at least (1) or more years of experience in customer service, with previous experience in Hospitality preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Shuttle Driver – License Requirements:
Required to have and maintain a valid state driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving history.
- Open hotel doors for guests entering and exiting the hotel.
- Responsible for the first impression of customer service and hotel representation.
- Unload luggage from the car or taxi and offer assistance to the front desk area.
- Assist with the transportation and storage of guest luggage, including transporting luggage to the guest’s room.
- Familiarize guests with room amenities, to include the Wi-Fi, temperature control and directions to the Birdseye Rooftop Pool.
- Store and retrieve luggage from the bell closet as needed, while regularly logging activity.
- Assist guests with local directions and other information as requested.
- Notify the Front Desk of VIP arrivals when possible via the two-way radio.
- Deliver all mail and packages to in house guests in a timely manner, as directed by the Front Desk, to include special requests.
- Transport hotel guests to local area attractions within a 3-mile radius.
- Adhere to shuttle schedule and timeliness of guest needs.
- Maintain cleanliness of shuttle, as well as monitoring routine maintenance of the shuttle for the Front Office Manager.
- Be informed of in house events on a daily basis.
- Practice all safety and emergency procedures.
- Comply with all hotel policies and procedure to include attendance and attire standards.
- Work closely with the Valet Team to ensure proper traffic flow.
- Maintain the appearance of the Front Door area of the hotel.
- Thank guests for choosing our hotel, loading luggage into vehicles for all departing guests.
- Complete special projects as assigned by Hotel Management.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift push and pull at least 30 lbs.
- Ability to walk/stand approximately 90% of shift.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout shift.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to practice and adhere to all safety requirements.
- Requires good communication; both verbal and written.