Breakfast/Lunch Server - 1606 Restaurant & Oyster Bar
We are seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in guest service, thorough knowledge of the Food & Beverage experience for the position of Server at 1606 Restaurant & Bar located in the Beauport Hotel. This position is responsible for preparing for service, serving the guest with professionalism while having fun and being friendly. The Server will provide menu descriptions and anticipate the guest’s needs.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of experience in a Full-Service Restaurant, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage experience.
- Ability to upsell and cross sell all hotel services.
- TIPS Certified
- Requires a thorough knowledge of food & beverage service.
- Requires good communication; both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English Language. A second language is desirable.
- Familiarity with industry relevant Point of Sales systems.
- Ability to practice and adhere to all safety requirements.
- Ability to work breakfast and lunch hours.
- Assist with greeting the guest and creating a memorable first impression.
- Provide detailed menu descriptions of all menu items, ensuring accurate orders are taken.
- Inquire throughout the meal about the guest’s experience.
- Full knowledge of all wines, beers and cocktails, with the ability to make recommendations.
- Adhere to the proper cash handling procedures, obtaining payment and settling all charges.
- Communicate daily specials and specialty menu items to the guest.
- Completion of all opening and closing side work, cleaning checklists and duties related to the shift.
- Participate in daily staff meetings and departmental training meetings.
The Beauport Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.