FT General Maintenance/Engineering - Beauport Hotel Gloucester
Beauport Hotel Gloucester is hiring for the position of General Maintenance/Engineering Assistant. This position is responsible for providing maintenance assistance and skilled efforts in guest rooms, public space areas, food and beverage areas, Kitchen, grounds and all other facility areas. General Maintenance will address functional and/or aesthetic issues and repair as needed.
Must have at least one (1) or more years of Maintenance/General Labor experience.
Intermediate Maintenance Skills are required.
- Organize, review, and prioritize daily checklist of tasks to be completed per room per day
- Guarantee maximum production and property satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials
- Ability to prep areas and apply interior paint, sanding, wallpaper application/repair as well as basic furniture and equipment repair
- Ability to climb and carry ladders
- Follow directives from the Facilities Manager/Management, while working independently as a self-managing unit to complete all tasks required
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment.
- Maintain inventories of necessary paints, supplies and chemicals to ensure items are in stock and available at the beginning of each shift
- Communicate shift details to Facilities Manager and Front Office.
- Perform duties requested of the Food and Beverage Manager and Banquet Captain including the transportation and set up of banquet tables, chairs, bars, etc.
- Ability to shovel and sand/salt sidewalks and public walkways
- Ensure guest rooms, restaurant, and public areas are properly maintained to company standard
- Maintain continuous communication with Front Office during all shifts to ensure all complaints are addressed
- Work effectively with other maintenance personnel in a positive, professional manner
- Have a thorough understanding of fire alarm procedures, emergency evacuation procedures and all safety related issues
- Dependent upon the weather, maintain safe walking areas for all guests and associates (activity required may include shoveling snow, raking leaves, addressing debris.
- Must participate in Snow Removal in winter.
- Ensure the Hotel has proper curb appeal, landscaping and grounds maintenance is completed on a regular basis.
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Facilities Manager/Management.
- Must have experience with power tools and handheld tools.
- Ability to read electronic/mechanical gauges (thermometers, pressure gauges, etc.)
- Working knowledge of all Food & Beverage equipment to include; deep fryer, boiler, stove, steamer, food processor, slicer, flat top grille, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours’ length of time.
- Ability to bend frequently during a shift.
- Ability to repetitively use manual dexterity.
- Ability to move quickly based on needs.
- Ability to reach overhead and lift repeatedly.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Hotel property with 94 Guest Rooms.
- Work will primarily take place in all interior and exterior parts of the hotel; to include all grounds, parking lots, driveways and sidewalks.
- Potential exposure to various hazardous chemicals according to the SDS Right to Know Law.
The Beauport Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.