School Age Care After -School Assistant Team Leaders
Gloucester - Flexible scheduling options, including per diem (Substitute) positions
15 hrs. per wk. (After school hours) during school yr., 40 hrs. per wk. during summer and school vacations, 52 wks. per yr.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families? At Pathways we nurture young children and support families impacted by economic and social inequity through programs that educate, enrich, empower and motivate. We are looking to hire an After-School Program Assistant Team Leader in Gloucester who brings creativity, positive energy, role modeling for youth in our program ages 5-13. The primary functions include participating in daily activities and providing a safe environment for children enrolled in the after school program. This includes participating in off-site field trips. We value collaboration and appreciate open dialogue in each program and within our corporate office and embrace the core values - respect, trust, collaboration, and opportunity. We work hard to provide a safe and respectful environment for our employees, children and families
Do you enjoy working with kids? Do you have a favorite hobby, sport or activity that you would like to share with others?
WHAT WILL YOU DO? (A full job description will be provided for review as part of the recruitment process).
- Work within a classroom setting with children ages 5-13 and support the students during activities, field trips, outdoor and indoor play, and meal times.
- Implement a daily program of developmentally appropriate recreational and educational activities which meet the individual needs of the children enrolled in the program and support their success
- Supervise children to ensure their safety and well being at all times
- Work as part of a team, supporting one another and communicating effectively
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Required: Must meet age requirements and enrolled in High School diploma or equivalent program
- 3 or 6 months of experience with children
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the role
- Must comply with all state and federal requirements
- Must complete and satisfy background check protocols
- WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Internal growth! We often hire from within to help our employees reach their greatest potential
On-going training and Professional Development provided free of charge, and tuition reimbursement
OE/AA . We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ, or individuals from communities that are historically underrepresented to apply.