Part Time Bookkeeper
Gloucester Marine Genomics Institute (GMGI) addresses critical challenges facing our oceans, human health and the environment through innovative scientific research and education. By bringing world-class science and transformative workforce development to Gloucester’s historic waterfront, GMGI is catalyzing the regional economy.
Founded in 2013, a strategy triad guides our work and includes: a state-of-the-art research institute where we conduct marine research powered by genomics; the Gloucester Biotechnology Academy (Academy), a hands-on vocational program which trains young adults to become biotech and biomanufacturing lab technicians; and our science community, expanding the local economy as we build a vibrant science hub on Cape Ann. GMGI is in a high-growth mode with a fantastic team ready to lead the organization into its next chapter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide general bookkeeping support important to the successful day to day operations of the accounting department.
· Manage collection of and enter vendor invoices and prepare all required documents for check runs
· Deposit checks and prepare all required documentation for entry into accounting system
· Monthly credit card reconciliation and entry into accounting system for payment
· Monitor bank account balances to ensure sufficient available cash
· Assist in creation of customer invoices
· Assist with Month End reporting / tasks
· Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Bookkeeping knowledge and work in life science or non-profit environment preferable, but not required.
· Experience with Excel and other MS Office applications.
· High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
· Solid organizational skills, ability to multi-task and follow projects through to completion in a timely manner
· Self-starter with aptitude to trouble shoot solutions and solve problems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills along with a customer service orientation
· Motivated, efficient team player with a positive attitude.
The part time bookkeeper is based at the Research Institute at 417 Main Street, Gloucester, MA, and will report to the Accounting & Operations Manager.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
GMGI is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and all aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. In addition to researching diversity in our oceans, GMGI is committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and classrooms. We know that varied backgrounds and experiences stimulate discussion and new ideas. We are taking action on diversity, equity, and inclusion by providing training opportunities to increase self-awareness as an organization and building a team of staff and students from uniquely different backgrounds. Our culture is built on innovation, collaboration, and a shared desire to impact our community.
To apply, please complete your application at this link: https://gmgi.bamboohr.com/careers/45